If you follow Jingwen’s Blog, you may have decided that the time has come to start your own blog and see if you can make some money. Before you start the blog though, you must find a web host. How do you go about doing this? What factors should you consider? Here are five factors any blogger should look for when choosing a host.
- Support-If you are new to blogging and have never had a website before, chances are you are going to run into a problem at some point. Will you have someone available to help you when this happens? See what type of support is offered by any web host you are considering. You may want help around the clock or you may want a service that allows you to call in and speak to someone. Know what is most important to you.
- Data Transfer-How much data can you transfer on a regular basis? Remember that the transfer limit refers not only to how much you publish, but also how many visitors come to the blog. You do have the option of upgrading over time so don’t spend too much on this when first starting out. Wait until you build up a following to upgrade.
- Reliability-When your visitors come to your blog, you want them to be able to access it. When you want to update your blog, the same is true. Look at the speed and up-time of each web host. You also want your blog to load quickly or you may lose visitors who get tired of waiting to see what you have posted.
- Space-You will be given a specific amount of space to hold your blog. Chances are you won’t need a great deal of space so don’t place the most emphasis on this factor. Some sites will offer huge amounts of space. If you spend extra for this feature, you will most likely be wasting your money.
- Price-Until you start making money on your blog, if this is something you wish to do, you don’t want to spend a great deal on a web host. With many packages to choose from, you can find one that easily fits into your budget. Check Jingwen’s Blog to see the web host being made use of there. It might be exactly what you need for your own blog.